[Winpcap-users] Traffic from VMWare application with WinPcap

mlimade-vm03 at yahoo.com.br mlimade-vm03 at yahoo.com.br
Tue Aug 19 23:57:14 GMT 2008

Hi,

  I have tried an application of traffic monitor by application based on
WinPCap library, but I have a special need, that is detect the traffic from
a virtual machine based on VMWare technology. I install the traffic monitor
inside a Windows XP Virtual machine and the traffic inside is detected, but
I was expecting that if I install it in the VM host machine the monitor detects
the traffic how if it come from the VMWare Player application, but it not
happens, like no traffic exists. The VMWare player create virtual networks,
but the real traffic is bridged to real NIC and should be detected, or not?
  Maybe, VMWare Player use an unpredictable way to access network.
There a way to detect it? Because I need to know how much traffic each
VM is using amog many VM's without put a traffic monitor por each one,
but only in the host machine.

Thanks for advance

Mauricio Lima

      Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo com a sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com.