[Winpcap-users] Use of WinPcap in long run times

Ben Greear greearb at candelatech.com
Wed Dec 10 18:28:19 GMT 2008

Gianluca Varenni wrote:
> Unfortunaly, I don't have any direct experience with using WinPcap over
> long periods of time (months), and on top of my head, I don't remember
> anyone discussing about it on the winpcap mailing lists :-(

Our LANforge app uses winpcap (OEM version) and it has run for
weeks, at least, on Windows.  It wasn't actively using winpcap
all of this time to send/rx pkts, but the library instances
were loaded and interfaces queried, etc.

We have also done some 24-hour tests under moderate load (sending
and receiving about 10Mbps of traffic continuously on 2 ports).

So, it seems pretty stable to me, but it's still possible that
months of packet activity could show issues...

Ben

--
Ben Greear <greearb at candelatech.com>