[Winpcap-users] capture AND send packets on same device

Cristina Ruxandra Ionescu fullmoon_2011 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 16:44:58 GMT 2008

hello everyone,

I have been looking for a way to do the following: use the same device  chosen from the list using pcap_findalldevs() for both capturing packets and sending packets to the identified MAC on the other end of my PC (a small card liked through Ethernet ).

My problem is that pcap_loop() loops..forever unless there is an error in my case, and while I would like to send something to the other end, I would like not to lose the existing sniff of the device in order not to lose track of the packets exchanged. (have pcap_loop() and pcap_sendpacket() at once on same device) .What I do more specifically is identify MACs of the two sides  and want to further download data onto a RAM on the device outside the PC. How can I do that while still seing my firmware packets and the ACKs ...?

I seem to find only one other reference of such a question ever being asked in your mailing lists and other forums, so I'd really appreciate your help. If I'm unclear I''m here to clear up whatever it is.

Thanks in advance

Cri