[Winpcap-users] TurboCap device

Renato Araújo Ferreira marina.peixe at terra.com.br
Wed Jul 9 12:50:56 GMT 2008

The main issue of packet based analisys is that the reliability of data
decreases while the throughput increases. I think that, and I'm looking for
it, the main purpose of these capture devices is deliver a hardware and
software solution that solves this question, like endace promises with your
DAG card. Turbocap device, and it's software driver/API working together
provide a mechanism to avoid the packet losses and the CPU overload?? If
yes, will a normal implementation of winpcac using pcap_findalldevs,
pcap_setfilter, pcap_open_live, etc takes advantage of these
characteristics??

Thanks,

Renato A. Ferreira