[Winpcap-users] TurboCap device

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Fri Jul 11 15:54:18 GMT 2008

Out of curiosity, were you dumping to disk using the normal pcap functions,
or you wrote some custom code to dump to disk?

Consider that sometimes just optimizing the code to dump to disk (e.g. using
overlapped I/O and disabling FS file caching) can make a big difference. For
example, the utility provided with TurboCap to dump on disk doesn't make use
of multiple threads or a huge amount of memory, but it can dump full rate
Gigabit.

Hope it helps