[Winpcap-users] How to use WinpCap to capture SQL command send over NIC

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jul 16 18:15:03 GMT 2008

On Jul 16, 2008, at 3:31 AM, Lam Hong Bac wrote:

> I am new with winpcap. I am studying if we can use winpcap lib to
> capture packet send over NIC

You can use WinPcap to do that.

> then filter (port, protocol)

You can filter on TCP or UDP port numbers with WinPcap.

> and parse it into SQL command

WinPcap will not do that for you; you will have to write your own code
to parse SQL packets (in whatever format they're in - I think there
are at least two different protocols, one used by Oracle and one used
by Sybase/Microsoft).