[Winpcap-users] Capture SIP messages (In UDP and TCP)

Gilad Oz gilado at radvision.com
Wed Jun 11 07:46:54 GMT 2008

Hi all,

First I'm new with the Pcap sources, I'm trying to capture  SIP messages
via my sniffer. I want to do it as fast as I can - meaning the filter
will take place in the driver level, at kernel mode. I'm using the
pcap_compile ( filter_string  ) and pcap_setfilter ( ) functions for
setting the driver with my filters. The only idea for doing that was to
filter the SIP messages by using the Filtering Expression Syntax, for
example:  Filter the INVITE message

filter_string = udp[8:4] = 0x494E5649 && udp[12:2] = 0x5445". If you
have a better idea you are welcome to suggest.

I will appreciate your quick response,

Thanks in advanced,

Gilad