[Winpcap-users] PacketOpenAdapter

Wei Gao wgao at broadcom.com
Tue Jun 24 19:27:00 GMT 2008

I am using PacketOpenAdapter (included in Packet.dll 4.0.0) to get Wi-Fi
adapter information (including the NPF driver handle) before continuing
my process. However PacketOpenAdapter fails when the adapter is added to
the system after Winpcap package is installed. It seems that the newly
added adapter is not in Winpcap adapter information database, so
PacketOpenAdapter fails to find it. Is there a way to resolve this?
Particularly is there an API that can update Winpcap adapter database so
I can always call it before continuing my process?

I am running this on WinXP SP2. Thanks!