[Winpcap-users] error compiling udp = (udp_header*)((u_char*)ip +ip_len);

Ziara . essence_z at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 10:50:45 GMT 2008

You are right! sorry, it was a slip-up (I think it say in this way). I think I write upd_header *udp, but now I have checked the code and I have realised my error.

thanks

From: gianluca.varenni at cacetech.comTo: winpcap-users at winpcap.orgSubject: Re: [Winpcap-users] error compiling udp = (udp_header*)((u_char*)ip +ip_len); Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2008 15:30:11 -0700

you declared udp in the wrong way. you probably wrote

udp_header udp;

while it should be

udp_header *udp;

BTW, the error message from the compiler tells you what you are doing wrong: you are converting a "udp_header*" (the right side of the assignment) to a "udp_header" type (left hand side of the assignment).