[Winpcap-users] compiling the src of winpcap 4.02

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Fri Mar 28 15:55:46 GMT 2008

WinPcap 4.0.x was still compiled with the DDK, but it should compile ok with WDK6000/6001 (although I haven't checked). inPcap 4.1 betas get compiled with the WDK6000.
I think that readme-visualC is completely outdated and should removed. More updated instructions on how to compile the driver can be found in the docs section of the WinPcap developer's pack.

Regarding the compilation error you are encountering, you should not put the sources in a path containing spaces (like "C:\documents and settings\...."). The build utilities from the MS DDK/WDK do not support paths containing spaces.