[Winpcap-users] error while building winpcap

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue Nov 18 20:50:25 GMT 2008

The sources of WinPcap 4.0.2 do not compile that smoothly with VS2005/2008.
In case you want to compile WinPcap with VS2005/2008, I suggest you to try
the newest build available here:

http://www.winpcap.org/install/x64.htm

Modifying the sources of WinPcap 4.0.2 to make it compile under VS2005/2008
should not be too difficult, mainly a matter of tweaking some #define and
#include directives here and there, but using that source package should be
much more straightforward.

Out of curiosity, which kind of modification were you trying to apply on the
winpcap sources?