[Winpcap-users] PPI vendor number request

johnny cache johnycsh at gmail.com
Sun Nov 23 23:25:48 GMT 2008

Hello,
I want like to thank you guys for the PPI specification. I worked out
a solution nearly identical to this before I talked to dragorn and he
referred me to your standard. I would also like 4 vendor numbers. One
is going to be used for GPS tagging, and perhaps can be merged into
the standard in the future. The other three are going to be used
(probably) for internal only use. I would be happy to use values that
are analogous to the internal only DLTs in pcap, but i didn't see any
mentioned. I'm hoping this is intentional and reflects the lack of
scarcity in your large vendor space.

Thanks for such a useful improvement to the pcap format that doesn't
break anything :)

-jc