[Winpcap-users] Winpcap 4.0.2, Windows Vista (Business edition & SP1)

Eddie Ehlin eddie.ehlin at vastgotadata.se
Fri Nov 28 12:57:24 GMT 2008

Hi,

I have received a new laptop at work, preinstalled with Windows Vista
Business Edition SP1, and when I tried to run my application it just
hangs. I'm unable to kill the process, so the only way to return to
square one is by rebooting the actual machine. My application runs
without any problems under Windows XP (SP3) with version 4.0.2.

I did some investigation and I managed to figure out that it seems to be
related to pcap_sendpacket; pcap_sendpacket just hangs and never
returns. Same state occur when I run the example program sendpack
(Examples-pcap/sendpack) - it just hangs..

Development enviroment:
Winpcap: 4.0.2 (with one little change in pcap-stdinc.h at 63: //#define
vsnprintf _vsnprintf ) Unable to compile without it.
MS Visual studio 2008
Language used: C++

Hardware:
Network interface (output from iflist example):
\Device\NPF_{46702B44-CCC4-44F9-A03F-4C13BBB5BC96}
        Loopback: no
        Address Family: #23
        Address Family Name: AF_INET6
        Address: fe80::dc34:ca35:7142:b505%13