[Winpcap-users] Any way to read MTU from theinterface/network-adapter ?

Per Ellefsen per.ellefsen at ericsson.com
Wed Oct 22 06:47:06 GMT 2008

Hi!

Thank you very much for your reply Eric.

I believe the value in the registry is a default value, and
the actual MTU set for the interface may have been changed by
any driver using the interface.

A good idea to use the MSS sent with the SYN.
The MSS sent in the SYN is really MRU-40, but usually
MTU is equal to MRU, so this should work.
I will look at this !

BR Per