[Winpcap-users] Building packet.dll using Visual C++ 2005 Express

Bhairav stan2k08 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 03:15:09 GMT 2008

Hi GV,
Never mind.  I missed a small detail.  It should be Platform SDK :).  I was
using some other type of the SDK.

Once I installed the Platform SDK, I was able to build and generate the
Packet.dll file.  (There was an error during the build though -- about the
system not being able to find the specified path, but that didn't stop the
dll from getting generated).

Now the whole reason for my trying to build this (and you might recognize me
as one who sent an email to winppcap-bugs originally), was to see why when I
have more than a certain number of IPv6 addresses, winpcap was not able to
print out any of the interfaces when executing the windump command.  I'll go
ahead and detail my findings to that thread in case it helps fixing the
issue faster.

Thanks,
Bhairav