[Winpcap-users] struct bpf_hdr mismatch

Gisle Vanem gvanem at broadpark.no
Thu Sep 4 13:43:24 GMT 2008

"Fish" <fish at infidels.org> wrote:

> Gisle Vanem wrote:
>
> [...]
>> layout of this structure has changed. But I fail
>> to see why; 'time_t' is still a 'long' from what
>> I can see from 'cl -E'.
>
> Does:
>
>  cl -MTd -W2 struct_bpf.c -I<pcap_root>\Include -D_USE_32BIT_TIME_T
>
> help any?

Yes, that helps. But that raises another question; should WinPcap/libpcap
users really have to remember to set '-D_USE_32BIT_TIME_T'? If so, what a kludge!
Maybe there should be a new 'struct npf_sys_timeval' structure to match
what npf.sys was built with. Or a runtime check to warn users bout this?
What do you say Gianluca?

--gv