[Winpcap-users] pcap_sendpacket async or sync behaviour?

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Thu Sep 25 18:30:12 GMT 2008

Carlo,
pcap_sendpacket is basically sync, i.e. it passes the packet to be transmitted to the underlying miniport controlling the NIC, and it waits for such miniport to return. However, the miniport might decide to return success even if the packet has been scheduled to be transmitted (i.e. it's in some transmit queue) but has not actually been transmitted yet.

Does it make any sense to you?