[Winpcap-users] (no subject)

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue Sep 30 22:36:59 GMT 2008

The card (i.e. the hardware) supports promiscuous mode, but probably the driver (provided by the card manufacturer) doesn't. WinPcap just sends a request to the NIC driver to enable promiscuous mode. It's entirely possible that the NIC driver returns success, but fails to deliver all the packets anyway.