[Winpcap-users] Failure to see broadband device

Perry Kivolowitz perry at kivolowitz.com
Thu Apr 9 20:25:33 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm in a bit of a pickle.

I have installed a Sprint Broadband dongle on which I must take some
measurements. At first it did not appear in ipconfig but I located the
option: "Enable Network Adapter (NDIS)." Enabling this option causes the
adapter to be seen in ipconfig as any other on the machine.

Using sharppcap's GetAllDevices fails to list the adapter.

Wireshark fails to list the adapter as well.

Sharppcap 2.0.2.0 is installed as is WinPcap 4.1 beta 5.

Is Wireshark the definitive test to see if WinPcap is capable of
detecting this type of adapter?

Can anyone suggest a broadband type or vendor known to work with WinPcap?

Thank you