[Winpcap-users] NPF Device Driver

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Mon Apr 13 17:45:10 PDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alessandro Capucci" <alessandro at totalwire.it>
To: "Gianluca Varenni" <gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com>
Cc: <winpcap-users at winpcap.org>
Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 12:35 PM
Subject: Re: [Winpcap-users] NPF Device Driver

Hi,
I think to use kernel buffer used percentage to investigate the
corretct size to set to the kernel buffer...

BUT.... I begin to suspect that WinPCap driver is not the good
solution for try to investigate 10GBit DPI (deep packet inspection).

I think that I'll try to develope a NDIS 6.2 protocol driver to
analize if exists a possibility to develope a 10GBit DPI using a not
extreme expensive device like DAG (quite 30K$) but using intel low
cost device (2K$).

Do you think that ther's a possibility to investigate 10Gbit packet
with a Win2008 server + NDIS 6.2 protocol driver and a very good
server hardware (quad core, ecc... )?

--GV--
I think you will end up with something like winpcap. Are you looking to work
at full 10Gbps speed or just 4-5Gbps?

Tnk for your support,
Alessandro