[Winpcap-users] Getting more detailed statistics from NIC

Janne Heikkinen janne.m.heikkinen at helsinki.fi
Sat Apr 25 08:26:00 PDT 2009

I have Intel PRO/1000 PT Server NIC and I'm seeing packet losses
but only statistics I can find are from netstat:

   Z:\>netstat -e
   Interface Statistics
                            Received            Sent

   Bytes                    4128802886       141081050
   Unicast packets             1654660          576237
   Non-unicast packets          129598            4220
   Discards                         13              13
   Errors                           13               0
   Unknown protocols                 0

Here Discards/Errors have same value as packets that I couldn't
capture with WinPcap. Is there any way to find out if the above
errors are Ethernet CRC errors or something else?

- Janne