[Winpcap-users] pcap_get_selectable_fd for WinPcap

Andreas Rieke andreas.rieke at isl.de
Sun Apr 26 12:33:40 PDT 2009

Hi,

on unix systems, the function pcap_get_selectable_fd is very useful for
event loops with the select function. Unfortunately,
pcap_get_selectable_fd is not contained in the windows implementation -
at least not in WinPcap 4.0.2.

Is it planned to implement the function in 4.1 or later versions? Or is
it already implemented? Or is it technically hard/impossible to
implement that on windows systems? Can I maybe - with some modifications
- use the handle returned by pcap_fileno within the select loop?

I do know that windows has a similar function WaitForMultipleEvents, but
things are much easier when different versions of pcap are compatible;
additionally, it makes no sense to use select for some events and
WaitForMultipleEvents for some other events.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas

--
Dr. Andreas Rieke