[Winpcap-users] Efficiency of winpcap library

Charu Agrawal cagrawal at altasens.com
Tue Feb 10 22:50:11 GMT 2009

Hi,

What is the maximum achievable speed of frame capture possible using the
winpcap library. I tried testing with the Wireshark ( which uses the
winpcap library)  and even that is slow for my purpose. We are trying to
capture image frames where each frame is around 30MB. It takes around
3-4 seconds to do that. I am using a dedicated Gig Ethernet cable for
the capture.

Is there any way we can increase the speed of capture or is that an
inherent limitation with the winpcap library ?

Thanks for your help !

Regards

Charu Agrawal