[Winpcap-users] Winpcap minor crash in pcap_findalldevs

Carlo Medas carlomedas at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 04:53:08 PST 2009

Hi guys,
just a minor-bug signalation on pcap_findalldevs in a very special case.

I'm using winpcap 4.0.2 on Windows Vista Home Edition, on my laptop.
If I'm executing the code snippet below while I just enabled my wireless
network adapter, so that it could be actually in initialization mode,
acquiring addresses etc.

The pcap_findalldevs produces a crash of the application.

Kindly let me know if you'd need further informations or you want me to do
some other test.

Code snippet:
pcap_if_t* alldevs;
char errbuf[PCAP_ERRBUF_SIZE+1];

if(pcap_findalldevs(&alldevs, errbuf) == -1)
{
return;
}

Thanks and best regards,