[Winpcap-users] Building Winpcap for Vista on XP

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Fri Jan 30 16:01:30 GMT 2009

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Bengt Werstén
  To: winpcap-users at winpcap.org
  Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2009 11:46 PM
  Subject: RE: [Winpcap-users] Building Winpcap for Vista on XP

  Hi,

  Thanks a lot. If I understood it right we can run both 32-bits DLL's on a 64-bit machine. Only the driver has to be built for different architectures.

  How do you sign the driver today? Is it a time consuming task to do (I guess M$ is involved some way)?

You need to buy an x509 certificate from one of the blessed companies and then basically follow some of the instructions in the Kernel-Mode Code Signing Walkthrough white paper from Microsoft

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/winlogo/drvsign/kmcs_walkthrough.mspx

  Thanks,

  Bengt Werstén