[Winpcap-users] WinPcap and Windows 7 64-bit

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Mon Jul 6 12:12:47 PDT 2009

WinPcap 4.0.2/4.1beta5 do not officially support Win7 yet. In order to install them on Win7, you need to run the installer into Vista compatibility mode: right click on the installer and choose properties. Go to the "compatibility" tab, enable the checkbox "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and then choose "Windows Vista". Then click "ok" and run the installer executable.

I've successfully installed WinPcap 4.1beta5 on a Win7 machine, I've never tried with 4.0.2 but it should work.