[Winpcap-users] Out of my depth...

Guy Harris guy at alum.mit.edu
Wed Jul 22 18:05:42 PDT 2009

On Jul 22, 2009, at 4:43 PM, Benjamin Kiefer wrote:

> Okay, I'm a college student who barely uses c++, and wanted to put
> all the functionality of winpcap into a .dll that I can use in, say,
> c#.

Is the goal to write such an encapsulation, or is the goal to use
WinPcap from C#?

If the goal is the latter - i.e., if you're not, for example, trying
to learn how to wrap C/C++ libraries for use in .NET - then the
Wikipedia page for pcap (libpcap/WinPcap):

	http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pcap

says:

	Wrappers for use of libpcap/WinPcap in languages other than C and C++

	    • WinPcapNET and SharpPcap, .NET wrappers for WinPcap

and SharpPcap is at

	http://sharppcap.wiki.sourceforge.net/

(WinPcapNet is at

	http://blogs.creadev.net/benj/2007/03/26/winpcapnet-first-release/

but I don't know whether anything's been done on it since then;
SharpPcap's last release was in May of this year, so it appears to be
active.)