[Winpcap-users] WinPcap Silent Install

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Wed Jun 10 08:41:45 PDT 2009

We do not provide the silent installer (and we won't probably provide it for future versions of WinPcap), mainly because of the large amount of problems that a silent installer causes in a software like WinPcap (just to mention two, several people reported that WinPcap, a possible malware, was installed on their machine without their consent, and mismatching versions of WinPcap was another one).

What is the problem in installing WinPcap with the standard GUI installer? We do have a no-install version of WinPcap (WinPcap Professional), but its cost it's probably quite high for a small developer.