[Winpcap-users] Transmitting Send Queues (Multithreaded).

Gareth Davis Gareth.Davis at ultra-audiosoft.com
Fri Jun 12 07:01:28 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'm currently writing a program to replay recorded RTP video data
(typically a transmission of around 25MB/s).  So far I've got one thread
alternating between filling two send queues with data from the file and
another thread that calls sendqueue_transmit once the associated buffer
returns -1 when calling sendqueue_queue.  Whilst one queue is being
transmitted, the other is being filled.  I'm certain that it should take
longer to send the data at its original rate than it should to read the
data from the file on the Hard Disk.  There are multiple one minute
files that make up a recording since it may be necessary for users to
conduct time jumps and serially seeking through a 20GB + file isn't on
the speedy side.  This method is achieving 24.6 out of the expected 25
frames per second.  Very, very close to the target!

My questions are the following:

Does the sendqueue_transmit method block until all the data in the queue
has been transmitted?  Upon attempting to debug this I have conflicting
information.

Is there a way of adding data to a send queue whilst it is transmitting
(to save swapping queues and the delays this entails)?

Has anyone written code to perform this sort of playback before?

This program is being written in C#.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Kind Regards,

Gareth

http://www.star.net.uk