[Winpcap-users] Does winpcap support standard 10G Ethernet boards ?

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue May 12 10:06:44 PDT 2009

10Gbps cards are supported, with the following limitations:

- do not expect to capture at full speed on those cards. It just won't happen.
- if the card support TCP-chimney, you will need to disable it otherwise you won't be able to capture packets (this limitation is not specific to 10G cards)

In general, WinPcap does not make any distinction between 10/100/1000Mb or 10Gb cards. They just need to be exposed as standard network cards.