[Winpcap-users] help with wincap installer

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue Nov 24 13:51:33 PST 2009

We do not provide a silent installer (and we won't probably provide it for
future versions of WinPcap), mainly because of the large amount of problems
that a silent installer causes in a software like WinPcap (just to mention
two, several people reported that WinPcap, a possible malware, was installed
on their machine without their consent, and mismatching versions of WinPcap
was another one). For the same reasons, the internals of the WinPcap
installer are not public.

We do have a no-install version of WinPcap (WinPcap Professional), but its
cost it's probably quite high for a small developer.