[Winpcap-users] Can we set custom OID to a miniport driver via NPFdriver?

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Wed Oct 28 16:04:04 PDT 2009

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: yu-ruei woo
  To: winpcap-users at winpcap.org
  Sent: Tuesday, October 27, 2009 10:44 PM
  Subject: [Winpcap-users] Can we set custom OID to a miniport driver via NPFdriver?

  Hi GV,

  We are planing to use NPF as a packet filter. In addition, we are going to use a custom OID for turning on/off a specific feature that changes the packet indication behavior of our NDIS miniport driver. We want to set the custom OID from Application Layer. Is it possible that we add a new function in WinPcap that set the custom OID in the way similar to PacketSetHwFilter(Packet32.c)?

Yes. Or use directly PacketRequest, like the sample GetMacAddress does. Please bear in mind that the use of the Packet API is discouraged as this API is subject to change without any notice.

  Best regards,
  Haich