[Winpcap-users] winpcap-app looses packets on full duplex GigabitEthernet connection

Tim Dylla t.dylla at stagetec.com
Tue Sep 8 12:12:38 PDT 2009

Hi Gianluca,

   thanx for your immediate reply!

Gianluca Varenni schrieb:
> I would avoid using PCAP_OPENFLAG_MAX_RESPONSIVENESS,
Hmm, I already tried it, but this flag seem to have no influence at all
to my problem...
> Also, which network card are you using?

It's an Intel Gigabit CT desktop Adapter. Not the best choice, I presume...

I found out that even Wireshark looses some Packets. As I raised the
Priority of the receiver-Thread of my little PC-pcap-App, I was able to
collect all Packets wireshark could grab. So, at least winpcap behaves
coherently. :)

I think the Problem is Intel-Hardware related... grrr
> Have a nice day
> GV

Thanks for your patience!

    Tim