[Winpcap-users] pcap_findalldevs_ex hangs inside java process

E, Manivannan manie at ti.com
Fri Sep 11 01:06:13 PDT 2009

Hi,
     I am using the Winpcap lib in eclipse (Java) environment and "pcap_findalldevs_ex" work fine return all the devices but when I use eclipse directly Java in command line-mode i.e. in command prompt then "pcap_findalldevs_ex" hangs, never return whether it failed or passed. I suspected the "Remote Capture Service" is not getting started, so I tried enabling the service manually & tried but still the "pcap_findalldevs_ex" hangs. Any clues on what's going wrong here?

Winpcap Version - 4.0.2

Regards,
Mani