[Winpcap-users] pcap_findalldevs_ex hangs inside java process

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Wed Sep 23 09:37:02 PDT 2009

Before you start debugging, I already know quite precisely where it hangs. It hangs in packet.dll in some COM-related calls related to Wan Adapters. That's why I was asking if XPCOM uses COM on windows. There is not a fix to these issues (the problem is inside some microsoft component), but rather workarounds to the application using WinPcap...

That's why I was asking for an application to reproduce the issue