[Winpcap-users] About the packets loss , what is the bottleneck ?

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Fri Aug 27 11:46:15 PDT 2010

Q1: tough question to answer, as it depends on a number of factors. What is the average packet size? Are you just counting the packets, or dumping them to disk/DB/...? Do you see packet drops in the pcap_stats?
Q2: I will need to run some tests on this. Do you have some minimal sample code that shows the issue?
Q3: Yes, *if* the NIC (and NIC driver) are not dropping packets themselves.

Did you disable any protocol bound to the NIC where you receive all these packets?