[Winpcap-users] Winpcap 4.1.2 on Server 2008 R2 (x64)

mabra at manfbraun.de mabra at manfbraun.de
Tue Dec 7 08:59:30 PST 2010

Hello !

Much thanks for your answer!

Since I have Server 2008, my knowledge is - sad to say - not on top :-(
A "net start ..." tells me, that the driver is "already running" ...!
So the driver is surely signed [BTW:A great thing for Open Source!!!].

So, I seem to not understand the parts of the problems ;-)
In Wireshark, I made the very wrong assumption, "to see winpcap"
somewhere, but I consider this now as my last bullsh.... On the
other hand:I have "NetworkMiner" [hosted on SourceForge], which
watches for my network and inside this program, I can select
"Winpcap" like a network interface [what I originally have
expected] and it captures really fine.

So I have no idea, whats happening. Looks like, I am missing
some knowledge .... But the sample, I tried from ShapPacp,
looks very simple .... [I tried the same on my 32 bit debian,
but it eben there, it does not work, because it misses a DLL].

Any tips, hints or pointer to further information would be
very great for me!!

br++mabra