[Winpcap-users] Using Winpcap to list active network sessions

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Tue Feb 16 09:10:26 PST 2010

WinPcap captures packets, it doesn't directly lists the network session. You can obtain a similar information by decoding the captured packets and recognizing the IP/TCP connections. What's the problem that you are trying to solve? If all you need is the list of TCP sessions and you work on Windows only, I think the Microsoft IP helper API should give you what you need.