[Winpcap-users] Which Packets Carry HTTP Info?

Winter Faulk nox.freak at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 08:12:54 PST 2010

If you use tcpdump you can try using the filter "tcp port 80 and
(((ip[2:2] - ((ip[0]&0xf)<<2)) - ((tcp[12]&0xf0)>>2)) != 0)" or if you
are looking to develop your own program then you will want to sniff
data on TCP port 80 for HTTP traffic. If you are going to write your
own program then I would recommend that you start reading about the
OSI layers, how network traffic flows, and how tcp packets are
formatted.

You can also use the wireshark tool to sniff and filter out only HTTP
traffice or analyze tcpdump's dump files.

Thank you,

~----~---~~---~-~------~----~-~---~-~
 Winter Faulk
 nox.freak at gmail.com
 http://down-time.com

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
-William Butler Yeats

Good hosting: http://www.site5.com/in.php?id=68321