[Winpcap-users] pcap_sendpacket sends only 4 bytes...!

Boaz Brickner boaz.brickner at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 03:46:36 PST 2010

Hi,

It seems that your bug is "sizeof(pkt_data_iface1_2) is the buffer size."
sizeof is an operator that returns the size of the type and not the length
of the buffer.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4s7x1k91%28VS.71%29.aspx

You should use the length of the buffer you want to send.

When you receive a packet, you also receive a packet header (pcap_pkthdr),
which contains the length of the packet buffer (caplen).
You should use this length and you should not use the sizeof operator.

By the way, the sizeof operator returns 4 when you use it on an int type or
a pointer type, so this is why you got only 4 bytes.

I hope this helps,

Boaz.

Try Pcap.Net in http://pcapdotnet.codeplex.com