[Winpcap-users] packet filtering in winpcap

Joshua (Shiwei) Zhao swzhao at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:44:53 PST 2010

I'm using winpcap 4.1, and curious whether/how winpcap filters packets.
I have a native WiFi driver (for Ndis6.0) which can be put into
monitor mode manually. When it's in monitor mode, can winpcap get the
packets and forward to Wireshark? Or does winpcap filters out those
packets because they're ndis6.0 and not being supported?
I ask this question because it works w/ ndis5.0 on winxp when I
manually put the ndis5 wifi driver into a monitor mode. Now on
win7/vista, Wireshark cannot see any packets passed by winpcap
although driver is in monitor mode and MS's Netmon does capture all
packets.

Many thanks,
Joshua