[Winpcap-users] Multiple NIC support

Paul Gorlinsky paul.gorlinsky at turbohercules.com
Sat Jul 3 14:00:04 PDT 2010

Winpcap is integrated into the Open Source Hercules project to provide a TUN/TAP environment like UNIX. We are have a problem with using multiple NICs in the same machine on two different networks.

NIC 1 is on a 192.168.1.x/24 network talking to a printer

NIC 2 is on a 10.20.x.x/16 network talking to corp lan.

NIC 1 is always getting all of the data. For example, the 192 and 10 traffic both come out on the same cable.

We are attempting to determine if this is a winpcap issue or the developers tun/tap code.

Does winpcap allow multiple NICs to be receiving and transmitting at the same time?

Thanks

Paul