[Winpcap-users] Regarding packet send and recieve.

Mygapula, Sudheer IN BLR SISL sudheer.mygapula at siemens.com
Fri Jul 16 01:33:21 PDT 2010

Hello,

I have one basic doubt regarding packet sending and receiving.

How I can do the concept of sending packet to some device and waiting response from the device until time out.

I mean to say while raw socket communication if you send packet using sendTo function after that
Will be waiting until response comes from the device using receive from socket.

Is it possible to do it using Winpcap lib also.

After sending pcap_send if I call pcap_next_ex() then there might be chance I will be sniffing so many unnecessary responses.

Is there any way to do it.

Important notice: This e-mail and any attachment there to contains corporate proprietary information. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your system.
Thank You.