[Winpcap-users] Injected packets are duplicated on vmware

rouli rouli.net at gmail.com
Thu May 13 06:04:09 PDT 2010

I'm trying to figure out a setup issue and would appreciate any help.
I have a vista virtual machine and a program that injects packet to the
network using winpcap.
Every injected packet is duplicated, where the second packet is the exact
copy of the original packet but only the IP's checksum and TTL are changed
(TTL decreased by one).
For example, if I inject an ICMP echo request using winpcap, the target
machine actually gets two requests.

The duplication happens on the vista machine - I've validated this by using
wireshark.

Any ideas of what can cause such an issue?

Thanks