[Winpcap-users] Injected packets duplicated on Vista (was: vmware)

rouli rouli.net at gmail.com
Sun May 16 01:20:38 PDT 2010

Ok, I've fixed the problem on the physical machine, though I'm not sure what
made it go away, and I still have it on the virtual machine.
On the physical machine there are three network cards, only one was actually
connected to the network - the other two were unplugged. Moreover, the two
unplugged cards had a static ip address configured which didn't match our
network mask. Once I set those two cards to obtain a dynamic address, the
duplication has stopped (weird, huh?). I've since tried to recreate the
problem, but failed to do so; And as I've mentioned, I still got it on the
virtual machine whose image was taken from the physical machine, even though
on it all network cards are configured properly.