[Winpcap-users] Capture fails in pppoe enviroment

ceo at triplebit.com ceo at triplebit.com
Sat May 29 02:21:01 PDT 2010

Hi all,

I use WinPcap 4.02 to capture stream source and to process the data somehow.

It works fine if the source is inside a LAN.

On the other hand, when source is in a pppoe Internet connection, I capture the Ethernet card that supports the Internet connection and I get no packet captured.  The following while loop simply never enters the loop as it does in a LAN environment.

while((res = pcap_next_ex( adhandle, &header, &pkt_data)) >= 0)

{

if(res == 0)

/* Timeout elapsed */

continue;

However in a Wireshark I can definitely see the expected packets om this same card.

The algorithm is similar in both environments and it based on the samples following the product.

Has anyone any idea what could be the cause?

Regards

I. Lesher