[Winpcap-users] Regarding driver.(winpcap 4.1.1.1).

Gianluca Varenni gianluca.varenni at cacetech.com
Fri Oct 1 15:22:43 PDT 2010

From: Mygapula, Sudheer IN BLR SISL
Sent: Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:10 AM
To: winpcap-users at winpcap.org
Subject: [Winpcap-users] Regarding driver.(winpcap 4.1.1.1).

Hello,

I just compiled driver and copy the npf.sys file to system_32 driver's location.

The dependent DLL copied to my binary folder. It started working with out any problem.

àAre there any problems in doing this way?

How did you install the driver? copying it is not enough.

àIn windows-7 shows error of npptool.dll is missing? What could be the problem?

You are compiling the wrong version of packet.dll. There are different versions of the DLL for different operating systems.

My requirement was without Winpcap setup I need to develop module which will capture the packets.

Did you have a look at WinPcap Professional then?

Thanks.

Important notice: This e-mail and any attachment there to contains corporate proprietary information. If you have received it by mistake, please notify us immediately by reply e-mail and delete this e-mail and its attachments from your system.
Thank You.