[Winpcap-users] pcap_findalldevs() hangs

Farooque Khan farooque.khan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 2 01:23:08 PDT 2010

Hi,

I am using WpdPack 4.1.2 for developing an application to simulate some protocols (I capture packets as well as send raw packets). On one particular system however, pcap_findalldevs() hangs (does not return) if called from a child thread. It does NOT happen on all systems and on that particular system as well, pcap_findalldevs() works perfectly fine if called from the main thread. What could be the problem? I have verified and checked various things, but still don't have a clue on the issue. Is this a known issue (did not find any info on google)? Any help would be appreciated.

OS: Windows XP SP3 (firewall disabled)
NIC: Intel(R) 82578DC Gigabit Network Connection (Microsoft's Packet Scheduler
Dev Environment: Visual Studio 2008 (VC++)

Farooque Khan