[Winpcap-users] Vlan tagged traffic not capture on 64 bit Windows

Pushkar Tiwari pushkartiwari at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 13:32:20 PDT 2010

Hi,
I am having Winpcap 4.1.1 installed on my 64 bit Windows 2008 Server box. I
have developed application using winpcap to capture network packets in
prominiscous mode.
My application works perfectly fine when I try to capture normal traffic,
but it fails to capture *VLan tagged* traffic. I even tried to capture using
wireshark, but even it failed for VLan tagged traffic.

Same applciation works on Windows 32 bit machine and it is able to capture
VLan tagged traffic.

Is this a bug with winpcap 64 bit, or different handling is required for 64
bit platform.

Thanks,
Pushkar