[Winpcap-users] Multicast packets with TTL=0 reception problem under Windows Seven

Alberto Avanzi alberto.avanzi at keeneo.com
Wed Sep 1 02:09:42 PDT 2010

  Hi,

our multicast-receiving application is based, since some years, on WinPCap.

We use it under Windows XP and Windows Server 2003, and it works well
for receiving multicast
packets independently from their TTL (0, 1 or 2) (with WinPCap 4.0.2).

The same application running on Seven (with WinPCap 4.1.2) is unable to
receive packets with TTL = 0
(sent by another application on the same machine). It is clearly a
reception problem, because if we use
standard socket code for receiving packets, we get them.
If we set the TTL=1, we receive the packets.

Any idea ?
Should we modify something in our code in order to get them again ?

Thanks a lot,
Alberto.